Friday, October 5, 2007

GONG - JAM Project (translation)

Lyrics: Hironobu Kageyama
Composition: Hironobu Kageyama and Yohgo Kohno
Arrangement: Yohgo Kohno

It wells up in my heart hotly, this intense feeling
The final battlefield is where we're going 1
Hands joined, sharing an oath.

Before dawn tomorrow, we will have headed off to that sky. 2
We were here 3. Please, I just want you to remember that

Don't look back; don't show them your tears.
I get the power of love
I'll take our tomorrow back!

"Sound the gong!!"

It's time! Rise up, you fated 4 soldiers!
With your lightning blade, kick your enemies' butts 5,
You steel heroes who dream of peace.
Believe in the future you must protect, and in love.
Forever! Forever!

Even if our strength runs out, and the blade that gives us our fighting spirit breaks,
We won't turn back again. Let's fall into the ocean of the galaxy together.

Don't be afraid; don't throw away your pride.
I get the power of love
Now, without hesitating, I'm going!

"Sound the gong!!"

Do your dance bravely, you fated 4 soldiers!
On golden wings, flutter into the sky!
You've never experienced retreat, you steel heroes.
Follow the command of your bubbling soul.
Forever! Forever!

"Gong, gong, sound the gong!!"

It's time! Rise up, you fated 4 soldiers!
With your lightning blade, kick your enemies' butts, 5
You steel heroes who dream of peace.
Believe in the future you must protect, and in love.
Forever! Forever!

Japanese lyrics source (+video): ヲタしてる時はいつも...
I found these lyrics via a Google search. If they happen to be wrong, my translation may be wrong too.

Composition information source: the anison dream ~jam on~

Notes:
1 What I translated as "battlefield" above is written "senjou" (戦場, battlefield) in the lyrics, but they say "basho" (場所, place).
2 What I translated as "sky" above is written "uchuu" (宇宙, universe) in the lyrics, but they say "sora" (空, sky).
3 What I translated as "here" above is written "chikyuu" (地球, earth) in the lyrics, but they say "koko" (ここ、here).
4 What I translated as "fated" above is written "unmei" (運命, fate) in the lyrics, but they say "sadame" (定め, er...fate)
5 Both WWWJDIC and Rakubiki Jiten translate "kechirasu" (蹴散らす) as "to kick about." What else was I supposed to translate it as?

MP3: Here ya go!

No comments: