Sunday, October 7, 2007

Garimpeiro - JAM Project (translation)

Lyrics: Hironobu Kageyama
Composition: Hironobu Kageyama
Arrangement: Yohgo Kohno

1 HEY YO! What happened? What a surprise!
With that teary face, you'll get beaten!

There are moments when my heart lifts up. I don't ignore them, my friends!
Because there's no such thing as a "chance,"
Rise up now! Let's go Boys & Girls

Face the stormy wind and walk on!
You say Yeah! I say Yeah! Alright!
Wake up your soul, keep your heart the same

We're going to exchange our injuries and our tears now;
We'll definitely get stronger! We're not losers 2!

OH YEAH! FIGHTING!

SOMETIME someday, definitely, we'll look back on today
That day will doubtlessly come

There were moments that burned my heart up. I won't forget them, my friends!
The chains that cut into your body,
Cut them off now! Let's go Boys & Girls!

We're gonna stand up to those formidable, incredibly thick walls of society
You say No! I say No! Get away! Don't suck up to authority!
Charge up your anger

Reality's like this, my situation is like that....we don't need those kind of excuses!
We just want to protect freedom! We're not pet dogs 3!

OH YEAH! FREEDOM!

Hello lost boys, somewhere in this universe
There is an El Dorado 4 no one knows about,
A legendary Zipang 5 Let's go Boys & Girls

Face the stormy wind and walk on!
You say Yeah! I say Yeah! Alright!
Wake up your soul, keep your heart the same

We're going to exchange our injuries and our tears now;
We'll definitely get stronger! We're not losers 2!

Japanese lyrics source: Ghaleo's Blog
I found these lyrics via a Google search. If they happen to be wrong, my translation may be wrong too.

Notes:
1 "Garimpeiro" means "prospector; one who searches for gold and jewels" in Portuguese.
2 The word they use here is "makeinu" (負け犬), which is literally something like "losing dogs."
3 This word is "kaiinu" (飼い犬), which connects back to the "makeinu" of the previous chorus
(see note 2).
4 El Dorado is a mythical city of gold that appears in a South American legend. Hence,
"prospector."
5 Zipang is one of the names used for Japan. (Marco Polo called Japan "Zipang," according to
WWWJDIC.)

BONUS!!!!!
MP3 of "Garimpeiro"!
Should I post more MP3s? I need feedback! Tell me what you think in the comments section!

No comments: